Tuesday, October 18, 2005


Somehow, the fact that i managed to travel all around Europe and that i am currently studying abroad in Northern Ireland, makes other things that i want to do seem much more possible. It really is a great thing to check off things on your "Checklist for Life", if you know what i mean. And in the last couple months, i've managed to check-off two biggies, despite the fact there's a lot more of Europe i want to see. Nevertheless, this has given me a confidence boost in the capabilities department. I am freaking living in another country, and that experience in and of itself is indescribeable. I think in December when i return home, i will view it like this: There were ups and downs, good and bad, but this experience has shaped significantly who I am and what i will do in the future. It is an experience alone. I cannot classify it as good or bad. If that makes sense? I have grown in so many ways already, big and small. And growth is one of those cheesy concepts but for example, i'm cooking ALL my own meals. And while i realize that's not that cool, and i'm spoiled b/c i've had meals prepared for me my whole life, it is something that doesn't seem so hard anymore. So now, in light of this new "light" i have a list of things i want to do in the near future that seemed more daunting months ago then they do now.

1. Drive cross-country; not necessarily all at once, but mediumish explorations of the US.
2. Do ASB
3. Get an internship for the summer

Post-college
4. backpack South America
5. Peace Corps or Teach for America

these are all i can think of for right now, and they aren't that lofty, but we'll see how it goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's sbc

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home